Genesis was honored today by the Big Bend Branch of the American Public Works Association (APWA) with the 2008 Project of the Year Award in the Performance category.
Major components of the project included:
- Construction plans and contract documents to reconstruct 1.75 miles of Orange Avenue from a two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided roadway;
- Replacing an existing signalized intersection with a 2-lane round-about;
- Enclosing nearly 4500’ ditch with a double 6' x 14’ concrete box culvert;
- In-street bike lanes;
- Screening walls;
- Three signalized intersections;
- A 3-acre stormwater management facility with an extensive stormwater conveyance system;
- Right of way acquisition support services; and
- Extensive public meetings and Homeowner association meetings.
Total construction cost for this project was $23 million.
Jim Sullivan, P.E. as the Project Manager for the Orange Avenue Reconstruction Project. Please join with us in congratulating Jim and the Tallahassee team for a job well done.